• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I'm redesigning the front page
#11
Sure - it's not the best, and it breaks when you go below 800px wide - there are about a million media queries on this site, I wouldn't even know where to start overriding them and frankly don't want to spend the time.

I have attached the css to this post (with .txt because .css extension was blocked). Let me know if you have any questions.


Attached Files
.txt   jims_min_theme.txt (Size: 2.33 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   jims_min_theme.txt (Size: 2.33 KB / Downloads: 1)
  Reply
#12
Just a note for anyone else who uses this theme: Currently Jim's profile pic is hard coded in the CSS. I'll work on updating the template to make it pull the logged in user's profile pic, but that might be a bit.
  Reply
#13
BigPete, post: 2269715, member: 4840 Wrote:Just a note for anyone else who uses this theme: Currently Jim's profile pic is hard coded in the CSS. I'll work on updating the template to make it pull the logged in user's profile pic, but that might be a bit.
think i fixed it. At least i fixed it for me, i assume it works for everyone else too
  Reply
#14
i wish i was better at HTML/CSS. there's little inconsistencies where things just don't line up like they should and it drives me nuts.

Like:

.png   2026-02-13_23-57-04.png (Size: 2.18 KB / Downloads: 18)


Attached Files
.png   2026-02-13_23-57-04.png (Size: 2.18 KB / Downloads: 18)
  Reply
#15
BigPete, post: 2269717, member: 4840 Wrote:[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=7]
The icon is vertically aligned to the top of the text that its with, so yeah - that will look wonky.

The below css should fix that, changing the vertical align on the icon to "middle". I also increased the min-height just a bit and made the padding equal so the boxes end up being the same height regardless of content. It's not perfect, but its better Wink

Code:
div.dark_postrating.likesSummary.secondaryContent { min-height: 30px; padding: 3px; li { img { vertical-align: middle; } } }
  Reply
#16
Jim Rockford, post: 2269718, member: 28508 Wrote:
Code:
div.dark_postrating.likesSummary.secondaryContent { min-height: 30px; padding: 3px; li { img { vertical-align: middle; } } }
Is this something you can add to the "main" theme? Now that you have pointed it out to me, it's annoying me too, lol.
  Reply
#17
Yup done. thanks!
  Reply
#18
On a side note I'm considering linking the Home tab to the homepage and actually doing something with that. If I do I'll let you know in case you want to add that tab back. Lots of other stuff to worry about first though.
  Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)