• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
General Anime thread
#7
quatilyAssuramce, post: 2269976, member: 28512 Wrote:I've pretty much cooled on any newer (and most older) anime but I did recently find out that DBZ Kai is a remastered and tightened up version of DBZ, not another series altogether, so I dove in.

It really is a huge improvement, still not totally binge-friendly but still *much* easier to watch back-to-back-to-back without feeling like you're watching the exact same thing for hours on end. I just wrapped up the Frieza fight (@ around episode 50ish) and while the trend is still very much "we have to hold out until Goku is able to do Goku shit, oh my god they killed Krillin, you bastards!", it's a lot more enjoyable than the 10 or so episodes of DBZ that I made it through on my best attempt.

I can't stand dbz. Im already not really a fan of "fight of the week" shonen, but dbz was like "fight of the month" and i never understood the appeal. dudes grunting and charging up for three episodes is encredibly boring. like a whole anime made out of filler episodes from better shows.

I also am not a fan of that dude's art style, with the giant foreheads. You see those foreheads in dragon quest and you know its the same dude. instead of big eyes small mouth he does giant head scrunched faces.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
General Anime thread - by BigPete - 04-27-2026, 09:53 PM
General Anime thread - by BigPete - 04-27-2026, 09:54 PM
General Anime thread - by quatilyAssuramce - 05-05-2026, 04:49 PM
General Anime thread - by BigPete - 05-05-2026, 06:59 PM
General Anime thread - by quatilyAssuramce - 05-05-2026, 09:44 PM
General Anime thread - by BigPete - 05-19-2026, 02:53 AM
General Anime thread - by Digital Prophet - 05-19-2026, 01:26 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)